WHAT IS THE LEAN TASK FORCE?
The aim of the Task Force is to facilitate improved productivity and customer value for its members by applying and promoting Lean practices, and the subsequent benefits to organisations across the ECI and wider European Engineering Construction industry.
The group is focussed on establishing a better understanding of the principles of Lean in Construction, gathering data on specific Lean tools, and enabling a better understanding of how these can be smoothly implemented with the greatest reward.
Organisations involved in the Task Force include: AMEC Foster Wheeler, BG Group, Laker Vent Engineering, Sellafield Sites, The Change Business Ltd and WSP as well as senior academics from Nottingham Trent and Loughborough Universities, and training specialists from the Engineering Construction Industry Training Board (ECITB).
WHY SHOULD YOU GET INVOLVED?
- Opportunity to improve your understanding of Lean tools and techniques and their implementation.
- Ability to learn from other individuals and organisations with similar issues and experiences.
- Close affiliation with the Lean Construction Institute UK Ltd and access to its researchers and research projects.
- Opportunity to join a vibrant group of industry peers from across the Engineering Construction supply chain.
- Guest presentations from leading industry speakers.
WHAT ARE THE CURRENT ACTIVITIES?
As a Task Force member, you will help to drive the group’s activity, which will be focussed on improving the performance of your own organisation as well as contributing to producing reports. Recent reports produced by the task force are:
- Maximising Project Efficiency for Improved Performance and Delivery (2013)
- LEAN: Introduction, Tools and Support (2012)
ECI members can download these here.
Non members can purchase these from here.
JOIN A TASK FORCE
Task Force membership is available to ECI members.
If you are a non-member and interested in joining a Task Force please contact us.