What is the Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Task Force?
The Task Force consists of a group of motivated professionals, committed to leading-edge safety, health and environmental performance. Many members hold senior positions in global organisations and meetings focus on addressing real problems and challenges facing the Engineering Construction industry across the globe.
Meeting four times a year at venues across Europe, the group work to an agenda to deliver practical, industry-focussed outputs and tools, which are implemented throughout the ECI membership. Organisations involved in the Task Force include: AMEC, Aker Solutions, BG Group, CB&I, Fluor, Laker Vent, the Engineering Construction Industry Training Board (ECITB), K-Home International, Shaw Group, WSP CEL, Loughborough University, Sellafield and URS Scott Wilson.
Why should you get involved?
- Opportunity to influence Task Force deliverables to meet the needs of your organisation and the Engineering Construction industry.
- Early direct access to leading practice from other organisations.
- Ability to discuss challenging topics in a supportive, confidential environment.
- Networking opportunities with peers in similar roles.
- Providing and obtaining mutual encouragement to drive further improvements in SHE performance.
We are actively encouraging participation from members with an interest in, or involvement with SHE management in all types and sizes of organisation. We are also particularly keen to encourage younger professionals to join the Task Force.
What are the current activities?
Having already produced management manuals for Safety, Health and Environment, the Task Force is currently focussing on delivering short, single-issue briefing documents. These provide leading ECI practice on SHE issues such as leadership, stress, driving on-site, brownfield risks, drugs and alcohol and supervisor training and expectations.
Join a Task Force
Task Force membership is available to ECI members.
If you are a non-member and interested in joining a Task Force please contact us