WHAT IS THE YOUNG PROFESSIONALS TASK FORCE?
The aims of the Task Force are:
- To enable young professionals from ECI member organisations to build on their knowledge and expertise and increase their industrial profile
- To create a strong young professional’s network to develop high-value relationships and contacts across the Engineering Construction industry
- To undertake research projects that will help shape the future direction of the industry and the ECI
This is a fantastic opportunity to support the future direction of the European Construction industry. The group will support young professionals in developing areas of expertise that will advance their careers and provide an opportunity to showcase their talents. Companies currently participating in this task force include AMEC Foster Wheeler, Kingsfield Consulting, Loughborough University, Fluor, PM Group, Sellafield Sites.
WHY SHOULD YOU GET INVOLVED?
The benefits for young professionals:
- Professional and social networking with peers
- Relevant training:Opportunity to suggest areas of research and get involved with other Task Forces
- To improve technical skills as well as softer skills
- From member companies in specific areas of expertise
- Potential to engage with University research where links exist through ECI
- Build a reputation; potential to be named in publications or present at ECI events
- Professional and personal development
The benefits for ECI member organisations:
- Free or low cost training for employees
- Develop and share best practice by collaborating with other member companies
- Suggest research topics of particular interest and receive research results
WHAT ARE THE CURRENT ACTIVITIES?
The Task Force is currently looking at best practice for information flow across projects, particularly at the design: construction interface.
JOIN A TASK FORCE
Task Force membership is available to ECI members.
If you are a non-member and interested in joining a Task Force please contact us.